Thursday, June 2, 2011

Our Creation, Our Creator

Read a beautiful quote today:

“I would rather believe there is God and one day find out there isn’t any, than believe there isn’t any God only to find later that there is one”

Oftentimes, I myself get confused with the theory of civilization. Some say humanity is the best religion, other “grown up, mature believers of the universe” except it likewise. Others say there isn’t any such thing.

I think “man” intrinsically is a hallowed entity, always in need of gratification, compassion, and love. “Man” is bound to fail, at times severally, and therefore needs that avenue, that force, that incontestable anticipation, that all will be well. Whereas, technically speaking, all is actually well. It’s just a state of mind that we are in that defines our assumed circumstance.

Then again, there is this “I am born Christian, Muslim, Hindu, hence I follow Christ, Prophet Mohammed, or Lord Ram”, but not often do we compel ourselves in understanding the concept of religion.

Perhaps, some of us are plain “made that way” of accepting our environment as it came to us. I tend to feel differently. Perhaps again, I am not made that way!

I have been to the churches, the mosques, and various Hindu temples. I have even visited the Buddha temple. I find everyone similar, and some blind to nothingness. Unhappily, I also find some looking at me as someone who is in a state of frenzied oblivion.

Most of us actually value the help from God when we are in need, are desperate or when we get our cherished desires. We hardly thank God when everything seems to go wrong. Some of us feel it’s better to help someone in need than to thank God for gifts of livelihood. Some of us also use God as a mere exclamation as in, Holy Jesus! Christ Yikes!!

I feel the above statement is pretty safe and is pretty sorry too. But hold on, aren’t the holy books written by humans. Well so does history say! And history is lived by humans.

That way, we created God, but our creation is our now our creator. God lives in us. We live in God’s world. God is in I, and I am in God. Wondered why “I” is always capitalized?

Irrespective of whatever, there is a law of the land that is also created by us. So we need to follow the law of the land. Hence, we need to compromise our knowledge or control the extent we can grow our knowledge just for the sake of living in the land peacefully.

Therefore, I too, would rather uncompromisingly and to ensure peace to prevail in my "state of the mind world", believe there is God, irrespective of consequences, rather than following the converse belief.

No comments: