Saturday, September 24, 2011

Believing is Receiving

Whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them. - (Mark 11:24)
If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. - (John 15:7)

Many times we pray hard, yet we don't get what we want, only to find out much later on that whatever happened, happened for the best. This is what the usual, more typical, stance say.

However, there are also those few that despite praying hard, and our prayers "not being answered" in the way we expected, tend NOT to realize much later on that whatever happened, happened for the best.

Hence, my two referenced biblical quotes above. There may be several postulates to this:

1. We haven't probably prayed hard enough....Well this does not go well with many as they don't want to hear this,

2. We prayed hard, but the decision we took, and thereafter pushed our decision to God to answer was wrong! Perhaps we weren't patient enough yielding to our worldly thoughts rather soon enough.


I feel faith and hope and patience go hand in hand.....The amount of faith you have, the same amount of hope you will have and therefore that much patience you will happily give...Many of us claim we have so much faith, yet in times of hope we fall dead short and we tend to hate people that remind us to have had a "bit more" patience.

I believe this to have been working for me, and I hope when I come out of my situation and I will be vindicated, so that I may be able to be an example of His grace in people that are probably passing through situations requiring faith, hope and patience in equal amounts....









No comments: